- Maryland General Assembly home page
- Who are my legislators, and what are their phone numbers? Use this lookup form, download this app
- Track Maryland legislation, get email updates (signup needed)
- Dates of interest
- Maryland Code
- Current status of House and Senate legislation (by bill number)
- ACLU and the Maryland Legislature A Civil Liberties Guide to the 2016 Legislative Session
- NUA: no unless amended, SWA: support with amendments, NP: no position on deliberation, -: no position anticipated.
- MCCRC: Montgomery County Civil Rights Coalition (this site)
- MCJPA: Maryland Coalition on Justice and Police Accountability
- MAJR: Maryland Alliance for Justice Reform
- MPCM: Marijuana Policy Coalition of Maryland
More on the tracker here.
- Do you have a personal story about police abuse? Please let us know, and let your legislators know.
- Let your legislators know you support the Maryland Coalition for Justice and Police Accountability reform agenda, including …
- LEOBR (Law Enforcement Officer Bill of Rights) reform including longer periods to file complaints, immediate investigation of complaints and questioning of officers, strong civilian review boards, and special prosecutors for police offenses
- Critically, reform legislation must not implement the Public Safety and Policing Work Group’s “Recommendation #23,” which would make it possible for officers accused of brutality to essentially “pack” their administrative hearing review board with 2 of its 3 members.
Current MCJPA demands can be read below:
- MCCRC also advises caution in implementing police body cameras – they should be for accountability only, not for surveillance or police convenience (i.e., police should have procedures for when they should be on or off, and existing public information laws should cover access to footage – no special rules for police videos.)
Freedom to boycott
- Let your legislators know you support the right to boycott by Maryland individuals, organizations and companies, and oppose legislation penalizing supporters of the so-called “BDS” boycott of Israel for human rights and international law violations.
- Lobby Day, Monday Jan 25, 5-9pm: sign up here!
This page will be modified periodically. Please bookmark it and visit often!