We want to thank the leadership and members of each of these organizations for agreeing to join our coalition letter in support of HB558, the “Maryland Liberty Preservation Act.” We didn’t succeed this time — wait till next year!
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Maryland
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Montgomery County
- Bill of Rights Defense Committee (BORDC)
- Brothers of the Christian Schools
- Chesapeake Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Council on American-Islamic Relations (MD)
- Defending Dissent Foundation
- Generations for Peace and Democracy
- Interfaith Action for Human Rights: Mid-Atlantic Partner of NRCAT
- Maryland Green Party
- Montgomery County Greens
- Pax Christi, St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Derwood MD
- Xavieran Brothers
UPDATE: Many liaisons to organizations listed above have joined the newly formed “MD-NDAA” Google Group, a “coalition of organizations dedicated to opposing the NDAA in Maryland via state and local legislation.” If you can be a liaison to a Maryland organization that would like to join this listserv, click this “Apply for membership” link, and use the “additional information” box to tell us a little about yourself and your group. We look forward to hearing from you!