Join the ACLU of the Nation’s Capital, Maryland and Virgina, the University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law, and our invited speakers:
- Congressman Bennie Thompson
- Jim Harper, CATO Institute
- Mike German, ACLU
- David Alpert, Metro Rider’s Advisory Council
- Andrew Ferguson, UDC Law
- Andrew Taslitz, Howard Law
- Johnny Barnes, ACLU-NCA
…for an important discussion on the WMATA random bag search program. Learn how your Fourth Amendment rights are affected!
This event is free and open to the public. Please spread the word! You can click the image above to download and print the current flyer for the event; please also share the Facebook event page for the symposium on your wall and with your friends. Thanks!
= = = = =
UPDATE — Symposium videos
- Introductions at UDC Metro bag search symposium, 4/7/11
(Goins, Zamar, Prof. Ferguson)
- Panelists at UDC Metro bag search symposium, 4/7/11
(German, Taslitz, Harper, Wedick, Alpert)
- Q&A period at UDC Metro bag search symposium, 4/7/11
= = = = =
PS: Here’s a huge thank you! to UDC Law Students Elizabeth Stinebaugh, Aisha Ching, Yvesner Harnould Zamar, Dana-Marie Williams, Samantha Annette Holley, Kiandra Bair, and Jasmin Copeland for their great work in organizing this symposium. If I’ve missed anyone let me know!