For a writeup, see the prior post, “With NDAA looming, MCCRC activists pay the Obama campaign a visit.” – A second protest will be held at the same location next Wednesday, Dec. 28, starting at 4:30pm; sign up for it at our Facebook event announcement.
- Video: Audience Q&A at Defending Dissent forum
- Video: Sue Udry (Defending Dissent Foundation) speaks at Defending Dissent forum
- Video: Max Obuszewski (Baltimore Nonviolence Center) speaks at Defending Dissent forum
- Video: Saqib Ali (CAIR-MD) speaks at Defending Dissent forum
- Video: Kit Bonson introduces Defending Dissent forum
- Activists survey challenges to dissent at Wheaton forum, propose Rapid Response Network
- This week: Defending Dissent — A Public Forum (Thursday 7pm at Wheaton Library)
- MD financial consumer privacy bill supported – meanwhile, do it yourself!
Tagsbag search bradley manning civil rights restoration act coalition cruel and unusual curfew defending dissent demonstration diy dotrights encryption event fbi flex your rights freedom of religion freedom of speech governance hb558 indefinite detention Internet islamophobia know your rights loitering maryland material support media moco ndaa outreach patriot act preemptive prosecution privacy profiling public comment rapid response network rule of law security industrial complex surveillance takoma park torture whistleblower wmata wmatapetition youth rights zd30
What They’re Saying About MCCRC"...a vocal opponent of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority’s (WMATA) policy of random searches of passenger bags..." -- Government Security News
"fantastic work organizing around WMATA's search policy!" -- ACLU-Maryland
"a great example of focused grassroots action uniting transpartisan allies." -- BORDC